VIDEO: Activa 6400
Adventure Bay Motor Yachts’ latest arrival is the Activa 6400 Contemporary pilothouse motoryacht
- The Activa 6400's LOA is 70 feet
- This is the second 6400 built for Adventure Bay customers, a near sistership of the first 6400 Classic landed September last year
- The new vessel features more streamlined styling and tear-drop windows.
- A special feature of the 6400 is the Davco hydraulic submersible swim platform for easy tender and kayak launching.
- There is a hint of Kiwiana, with paua shell inlays set into the finely crafted table accented with a compass rose made from a variety of timbers.
The Activa 6400 is constructed to charter survey from hand-laid, e-glass construction, solid below the waterline and vacuum-bagged foam/balsa/e-glass composite construction above.
The interior theme is traditional (satin teak, neutral-coloured leather sofas and suede micro-fibre ceiling panels). Marble galley benches and marble floors and vanities in the bathrooms are offset by solid teak and holly flooring – making for a superyacht feel. All cabins have air conditioning.
Six guests/one crew sleep in four private cabins (each with its own bathroom) and six more overnighters can sleep in three separate drop-down dinette areas.
The split-level cockpit has a sheltered C-shaped alfresco dining area that faces aft for ocean views. A separate day head is situated near the cockpit with private starboard side deck access.
A special feature of the 6400 is the Davco hydraulic submersible swim platform for easy tender and kayak launching. Once the tender is off the platform the tender cradle flips up and provides a huge dive/swim or fishing platform. The submersible platform descends to below water level at the touch of a button for easy diver and swimmer access along with improved at-anchor stability when the platform is submerged.
She’s powered by electronically-controlled Volvo 12-litre engines each producing 775hp for a sprint speed of 21kts. At 7-8kts she offers a cruise range of 2000-3000nm).
Premium Mastervolt inverter/chargers and genset provide the AC/DC power from the 800amp/hr gel battery bank.
The Activa 6400 Contemporary is priced at NZ$2.6m + GST.
For more information ph 0800 452 862 or visit www.adventurebay.co.nz
Keep up to date with news from Trade-A-boat or liking us on Facebook!