Terms & Conditions
Intellectual property and restrictions on use of content
The Website may from time to time contain communication facilities, which provide for feedback by users to Bauer Media, real-time interaction between users (including individuals referred to as guests and experts) and other electronic messaging and notice services (Communication Facilities). It is a condition of your use of any Communication Facility and your access to the Website that you do not do any of the following:
- restrict or inhibit any other user from using or enjoying any forum;
- post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent information or material of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable law;
- post or transmit any material of any kind which violates or infringes upon the rights of any other person, including material which is an invasion of any privacy or publicity rights or which is protected by copyright, trademark or any other proprietary right or derivative works with respect thereto, without first obtaining permission from the owner or relevant right holder;
- post or transmit any material of any kind which contains a virus or other harmful component;
- post, transmit or in any way exploit any material of any kind for commercial purposes or which contains any promotional material or advertising;
- delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded;
User license to Bauer Media
By placing any information or other material on the Website (including posting messages, uploading files, inputting data or engaging in any other form of communication), you grant to Bauer Media a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, irrevocable, unrestricted, worldwide license to do the following in respect of the information or material:
- use, copy, sublicense, redistribute, adapt, transmit, publish and/or broadcast, publicly perform or display; and
- sublicense to any third parties the unrestricted right to exercise any of the foregoing rights granted. The foregoing grant includes the right to exploit all proprietary rights in any such information or other material, including but not limited to rights under copyright, trademark, service mark or patent laws under any jurisdiction worldwide. You expressly waive, in favour of Bauer Media and any other party authorised by Bauer Media, all moral rights and any similar rights in any jurisdiction, which you may have or hereafter acquire in respect of any relevant communication or other material. At the request and expense of Bauer Media, you will execute and deliver to Bauer Media such instruments and take other such actions as may be required to carry out this grant of license and waiver.
Trade-A-Boat magazine subscription conditions
Trade-A-Boat magazine's subscription offer is open to New Zealand residents only and is not available in conjunction with any other offer. Once processed, subscriptions are non-refundable and non-transferable. Bauer Media will keep your details, and the details of any gift recipient, on file so it can post or email the magazine subscription(s) and information about Bauer publications, products and offers or relevant third party goods and services. Under the Privacy Act 1993 you have the right to see or correct your personal information held by Bauer Media Group Ltd.
Advertising, links to third party websites and e-commerce offers
The Website contains hyperlinks and other pointers to internet websites operated by third parties. These linked websites are not under the control of Bauer Media and Bauer Media is not responsible for the contents of any linked website or any hyperlink contained in a linked website. Bauer Media provides these hyperlinks to you as a convenience only, and the inclusion of any link does not imply any endorsement of the linked website by Bauer Media or its affiliates. You link to any such website entirely at your own risk. The Website also contains third party advertisements (including banner ads and full page advertisements), which contain embedded hyperlinks, or which include referral buttons to websites operated by third parties or their licensees or contractors. All third party advertising (including referral buttons and embedded hyperlinks) is paid for by the relevant third party advertisers and are not recommendations or endorsements by Bauer Media or its affiliates or their respective directors or employees. You are referred to the relevant advertiser for all information regarding the advertiser and its products and/or services. In some instances, the advertisement will contain representations or offers by the third party advertiser which you can accept by linking to the advertiser's website and executing the relevant transaction. Such offers are not made by Bauer Media, and the third party advertiser is solely responsible to you for the delivery of any goods or services you purchase on the third party website.
Disclaimer and limitation of liability
The Fair Trading Act 1986 and the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (except where goods or services are acquired for business purposes) may confer rights and remedies on you in relation to the provision by Bauer Media of goods or services on the Website which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified (Non-excludable Rights). Bauer does not exclude any Non-excludable Rights, but does exclude all other conditions and warranties implied by custom, law or statute. Except as provided for by the Non-excludable Rights: a) all Content is provided 'as is' and without warranties of any kind, either express or implied; b) Bauer Media and its suppliers expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose; c) Bauer Media does not warrant that the functions contained in any Content or any Communications Facility or your access to the Website will be uninterrupted or error-free, that any defects will be corrected or that the Website or the server which stores and transmits Content to you are free of viruses or any other harmful components; d) Bauer Media does not warrant or make any representation regarding your access to, or the results of your access to, the Website (including any related or linked websites) or any Content in terms of correctness, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, reliability or otherwise; and e) you (and not Bauer Media) assume the entire cost of any necessary verification, maintenance, repair and/or correction of any relevant Content. Under no circumstances (including but not limited to any act or omission on the part of ACP Media) will Bauer Media or its affiliates be liable for any indirect, incidental, special and/or consequential damages or loss of profits whatsoever which result from any use or access of, or any inability to use or access, the Website or any Content. You expressly acknowledge and agree that Bauer Media does not exert control over users of the network (including individuals referred to on the Website as guests and experts) and is not liable either for their opinions or their behaviour, including any information and/or advice and any defamatory statements or offensive conduct. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Bauer Media's liability for breach of any implied warranty or condition which cannot be excluded is limited at the option of Bauer Media to the following:
- in the case of services supplied or offered by Bauer Media, a) the supply of the services again, or b) the payment of the cost of having services supplied again; and
- in the case of goods supplied or offered by Bauer Media, c) the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods, d) the repair of such goods, e) the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or acquiring equivalent goods, or f) the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired.
Trademarks of Bauer Media and its affiliates
The trademarks displayed on the Website are trademarks of Bauer Media, its affiliates or of their respective owners. Nothing contained on the Website should be construed as granting any license or right of use of any trademark displayed on the site without the express written permission of Bauer Media, the relevant Bauer Media affiliate or third party owner. If you wish to place a trademark (whether in stylised or logo form or not) on your own website as a hyperlink to the Website, you must first obtain the express written authorisation of Bauer Media, the relevant affiliate, or third party owner, and any use must be in accordance with the trademark usage guidelines of the relevant trademark owner.
This agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand. You irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand. If any provision of this agreement is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of law, such invalidity or unenforceability will not affect the remainder of the agreement, which will continue in full force and effect. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.